Potato can taste very bland if you were to take it steamed or boiled. Frying is a good alternative but it is not very healthy considering that fried potatoes takes up a lot of oil from the pan. So what other ways can you cook potatoes in order to enjoy them fully. One good way is to bake them. No oil, no fuss, and most important of all, it tastes great.
- 4 large baking potatoes, baked
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (8 ounces)
- 1/2 cup sour cream (optional)
- 4 green onions, sliced (optional)
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp and discard (or save for another use) leaving 1/4-inch shell.
- Then, place the potatoes on a greased baking sheet.
- Mix the oil, parmesan cheese, salt, garlic powder, paprika and pepper and brush all over potato skins.
- Thereafter, bake at 475° for about 8 minutes and turn over.
- Bake for another 8 minutes or so and then turn right side up.
- Sprinkle bacon and cheddar evenly inside of skins.
- Bake 2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Top with sour cream and onions, if desired. Then serve warm.