I love Japanese food and one of my favourite is the Japanese Udon Soup. A bowl of Japanese Udon Soup doesn't comes cheap and it could cost about RM15 to RM20 a bowl in a Japanese restaurant in Malaysia. If you are on a budget and still wishes to have a bowl of Japanese Udon Soup, here are the recipe for a home made Udon Soup.
- 2 to 3 large strips of dried kombu
- Bonito flakes
- Cold water
- Dried shiitake mushrooms
- Soy sauce
- Udon noodles
Cooking Method :
- You must first soak the dried kombu together with the dried shiitake mushrooms in cold water for about 20 minutes.
- Place them into a pot and bring them into a boil
- Remove the seaweed and shiitake and add bonito flakes
- Turn off the heat after 5 minutes. Strain them with a sieve and save the shiitake mushrooms. The broth is ready.
- Boil a pot of water and blanch the spinach and carrots.
- Add the udon noodles and cook them until it is done
- Place them in a bowl and crack the egg. Add vinegar and give them a good stir. Add prawns if you love them with udon