The sweet, sour and spicy fish are a common dish available in almost any Malay cuisine restaurant in Malaysia. Some of the fishes which are commonly used to cooked in this method are siakap and kerapu. I personally love it when with siakap fish. This dish is not difficult to cook and here's how you cook it :-
- One siakap fish
- Blended dried chilli
- Red onions
- Ginger sliced thinly
- Spring onion
- Chilli padi
- Tomatoes cutted into cubes
- Oyster Sauce
- Thai chilli sauce
- Fish sauce
- Tomato sauce
- Pineapple cubes
- Cucumber cubes
- Basil leave
- Corn flour mixed into a cup of water
- Salt, Sugar, Oil
- Clean the fish and marinate the fish using the blended dried chilli, cord flour and salt.
- Saute the onions, ginger, spring onion and chilli paste.
- Add the tomatoes, salt, sugar, fish sauce, tomato sauce and corn flour. Stir and bring it to a boil. Add more water if necessary.
- Then add the pineapples, basil leaves and cucumber cubes.
- Reduce the heat and add the fish.
- Remove the fish when it's cook and add parsley as garnishing before serving.