Today, I am going to show you how to create this simple dish. If you are not good in cooking but you still want to impress your date, you should try this very easy to cook dish. This fried squid great to be had as a snack or even a main dish for your home cooked dinner. All you need are fresh squids and you are all set. Enjoy this recipe and let me know if you like it by leaving us a comment below.
- Squid, each about 4 to 5 cm long,cleaned
- 3 cups vegetable oil, for deep frying
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 75 g cornflour
- 1 red chili, very thinly sliced,seeds and all
- 2 green onions cut
- Slit each squid body open along one side with a sharp knife then score the inside of each in a criss cross pattern.
- Set aside with the tenticles.
- Heat 5 cm of Vegetable oil in the base of a deep frying pan.
- Place the sea salt and the peppercorns in a pestle and mortar and crush coarsely together. Then stir into the cornflour, then toss with the squid to coat.
- Cook the chillies and salad onions in the hot oil for 30 seconds then scoop them out with a mesh spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
- Cook the squid body and tentacles in the pan for 2 minutes until it rolls up and turns crisp and lightly golden.
- Transfer the squid to a plate, scatter over the crispy chilli and salad onions and serve with soy sauce for drizzling and lemon wedges for squeezing over.