Potatoes are rich in carbohydrates and is a very good substitute for rice or noodles. Asians tend to eat rice everyday. If you are looking for something different today, why not substitute rice with potatoes. Note that, you shouldn't eat too much rice or potatoes because any excess will turn to fats. So eat moderately and healthily. Here's how I roast my potatoes. You may add more ingredients to your liking. Enjoy.
- 2 lbs roasting potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- sea salt
- Pre-heat oven to 220 C or 450°F.
- Wash and scrub your potatoes well. Keep the skins.
- Cut them into chunky wedges.
- Place in a ziplock bag or plastic container and add the olive oil & black pepper.
- Shake the container or bag well - making sure every potato wedge has been covered in oil.
- Place peppered potatoes in a large and sturdy oven proof roasting tin.
- Sprinkle on the sea salt and any herbs & spices you may be using.
- Give another good twist of ground black pepper over the potato wedges and roast in the oven for about 45 - 60 minutes or until crispy and brown!
- Sprinkle over any fresh herbs, if you are using them for a garnish or just serve "au natural" as a vegetable accompaniment.