- 250 g flour
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons corn oil
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 325 ml water
- thinly sliced carrots
- pounded chicken meat
- sengkuang / jicama
- Add oil in a wok and fry the garlic, sengkuang, carrots and chicken meat until it is cooked.
- Sift together the ingredients, making sure you do not take too much juice and separate it leaving it to cool down.
- Knead the dough. It should have a bouncy texture, and should stick to your hand. Heat up a wok, without oil, and make sure to use a non stick pan, as it is easier.
- When the wok is hot, spread the dough around the wok in a thin layer (use your hand as the dough is still sticking to it). Size is about 6 inches.
- Remove when cooked (roughly around 30 seconds).
- Place the ingredients on the popiah and wrap it up. Thereafter, you may eat it directly or fry it.