Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Teriyaki Chicken

I first fell in love with chicken teriyaki when I was introduced to it when I dine at Sushi King, one of the largest Japanese chain in Malaysia. Since then I have been wondering many times how did they create the marinate which tastes so good. Then after many failed research, I finally decided that, if I can buy the teriyaki sauce, why should I create the marinate myself. So if you would like to keep things simple, I would recommend you to try the Kikkoman's teriyaki sauce. Anyway, here is a recipe for those who are more hardworking and would like to know exactly what ingredients they have in their marinate.

Ingredients:
  • 8 -12 chicken drumsticks
  • 1 cup soy sauce
  • 1 cup brown sugar, packed
  • 1 cup water
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil or 3 tablespoons canola oil
  • 1 teaspoon ginger (optional)
Steps:
  1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium high heat.
  2. Brown chicken pieces in hot oil.
  3. While chicken is browning, mix together the soy sauce, sugar, water, and ginger.
  4. Add the sauce to the chicken.
  5. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to medium low and let simmer, uncovered, for about 20 to 30 minutes or until chicken is done and sauce has thickened.
  6. Turn chicken pieces occasionally during cooking process and serve with rice when it is ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...