Cooking is very easy as long as you have the patients to learn about all the ingredients. Different ingredients reacts differently with heat. If you are doing a Chinese style of frying vegetables, you need a very hot wok. If you are frying fish, you will need a very hot oil, but once you place in your fish, you need to use low fire. In order to know how ingredients react to heat, you need a lot of practise. Reading about it isn't enough, as it also depends on the weather and the type of cooking utensils that you are using. Sometimes, there is also a difference between using a stove and an induction cooker. So depending on the above, just practise, practise, practise. Here is a recipe on how to cook the perfect chinese style green vegetables.
- 350 g baby kai lan or 350 g broccoli, washed and drained
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon salt
- oyster sauce, to drizzle
- Heat oil in a wok and add garlic.
- Add vegetables, stir, cover and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring a few times. Then add salt.
- Remove and serve it on a dish and thereafter, dot a few drops of oyster sauce on top.
- Serve hot, with other main meal dishes and rice.