Kung Pao Chicken is a favourite for many Chinese restaurants. Out of the many Chinese recipes, I think most people, especially the Westerners would know how kung pao chicken tastes like. I personally love kung pao chicken as I love the thickness of the sauce which goes very well with the chicken. The spiciness of the dried red chillies made all the difference. So here you go, kung pao chicken recipe. I hope you like it.
- 500gm boneless skinless chicken meat
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons light sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons green onions
- 2 minced garlic
- 1/4-1 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (to your own taste)
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/3 cup dry roasted peanuts
- Stir the chicken and cornstarch in small bowl.
- Heat oil in large non-stick skillet or wok on medium heat and add chicken. Stir fry 5- 7 minutes or until no longer pink in center. Then remove from heat.
- Add onions, garlic, red pepper and ginger to skillet and stir fry 15 seconds. Then remove from heat.
- Now, for the sauce. Combine vinegar, soy sauce and sugar in small bowl and stir well.
- Add to skillet then return chicken to skillet. Stir until chicken is well coated.
- Stir in nuts. Heat thoroughly, stirring occasionally. When it is cooked, serve over hot rice.