The best way to enjoy fresh fish is by steaming them. The freshness of the fish can be tasted by steaming and you do not need to go through the trouble on how to marinate your fish to become tastier. The freshness of the fish will do the job. However, fresh fish do sometimes taste fishy. In order to get rid of the smell, the Chinese uses ginger whenever they cook their fish. I am going to show you the way how to prepare the ginger sauce for steaming fish. You may use any fish here.
- lots of fresh ginger
- Light soya sauce
- Clean the fish and place it on a plate. Slice the fish a little bit on the middle on both sides.
- Remove the ginger skin and cut them into pieces.
- Blend the ginger in a blender and add some water until it become a ginger puree.
- Spread the ginger puree on the fish until the whole fish is fully covered. Place some ginger puree in the stomach to get rid of the smell.
- Pour some light soya sauce over the fish.
- Steam the fish in high heat for about 10 to 15 minutes, depending on the size of the fish.
- Garnish with parsley and serve warm.