Recently I went to TGI Fridays for a nice meal with my mom. TGI Friday prides itself by serving real good steaks. I ordered TGI Fridays' Rib Eye Steak for only RM52.00. If you are on a budget and would like to cook your very own steak in your very own house, how do you do it? I am not saying that this is TGI Fridays' recipe (although I would really love to find out how they did their steak), here is how I cook mine. Enjoy and good luck.
- 2 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh gingerroot or 1 teaspoon ginger, in a jar
- 1 garlic cloves, crushed or 1 teaspoon garlic, in a jar
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon (or your favorite spice)
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- In a large shallow bowl combine the sugar, ginger, garlic, tarragon, soy sauce and vinegar, mix until sugar has dissolved.
- Add meat into the marinade mixture, mix.
- Cover with cling wrap and allow to marinate at least 30 minutes, turning once or twice.
- Place steak on BBQ or grill, cook then brushing with marinade, flip steak once, cook until done or according to your taste.
- Remove off heat and serve immediately with salad and potato dish.