You may get spaghetti recipe anywhere, from the internet, from recipe books and even from the spaghetti packaging itself. There may not be a lot of difference from the recipe I am about to share here. But, this recipe is a good and simple fried spaghetti for those who do not know how to cook the fried version of spaghetti. Good luck and be careful so as not to eat too much cheese!
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups cooked spaghetti (or other pasta)
- 2 eggs (large)
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese (fresh is best, but packaged will do) or 1/3 cup romano cheese, shredded (fresh is best, but packaged will do)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (or mix the two) or 2 tablespoons chives, minced (or mix the two) fresh ground pepper (use a lot)
- Melt the butter in a heavy nonstick skillet.
- Have the pasta out at room temperature in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, beat together the eggs, milk, cheese, fresh parsley and/or chives, and a lot of freshly ground black pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over pasta and toss it well.
- When butter has heated past the point of foaming, add pasta and flatten into a big pancake.
- Cook over medium heat until the bottom forms a golden brown crust.
- Flip the"pancake" over and continue to cook until that side also forms a golden brown crust.
- Slide pancake out onto a hot plate; cut in wedges; serve hot.
- Pass additional grated cheese!