Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Steamed Eggs Recipe

My mom taught me how to cook this recipe, steamed eggs and I would like to share this recipe to all egg lovers out there. We are very familiar with fried eggs and boiled eggs. But have you steamed eggs before? The way to do this is quite similar to the Japanese Chawanmushi which is normally steamed individually on cups. Here's how my steamed eggs are done. I do not have any pictures to show you, but I assure you that it is quite simple to do.

Ingredients:

  • 2 chicken eggs and 1 duck eggs
  • A glass of water
  • Salt and pepper
  • Sesame oil

Cooking Method:

  1. Break all the eggs on a plate and stir it. Make sure that plate is able to with stand heat.
  2. Add equal parts of water to the eggs. The more you add the softer the texture of the eggs will be.
  3. Add salt and pepper for taste.
  4. Place the plate into a kuali with boiling water and make sure to cover the plate.
  5. Turn the heat down and slowly cook the eggs until it is cook. Don't cook for too long as the eggs will be harden.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...