If you are having friends over to your place for lunch or dinner, you wouldn't want to do something simple, do we. In order to get it right, it is necessary to practise. Here are the steps and ingredients for cooking the perfect chinese stir fry vegetables.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon water/li>
- 3/4 cup julienned carrot/li>
- 1 1/2 cups snow peas, ends trimmed/li>
- 6 fresh shiitake mushrooms, slivered/li>
- 1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts, drained/li>
- 1 clove garlic, minced/li>
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger/li>
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce/li>
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth/li>
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch/li>
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- Cook rice in a rice pot cooker and keep it warm.
- Heat wok over medium heat and add the oil, increase to medium-high heat.
- Add the broccoli and water, stir-fry for 1 minute or until broccoli is bright green.
- Add carrots, snow peas, mushrooms, water chestnuts, garlic and ginger; stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until tender crisp.
- In small bowl, combine the soy sauce, broth and cornstarch; mix well to dissolve.
- Add to wok and stir-fry for about 1 minute.
- Serve over rice.