It is almost Chinese New Year now and it is time to bake some cookies to greet family members who are returning home. Peanut cookies are one of my favourite. I love the aromatic taste of the slightly burned peanut taste. Here's how you bake them.
- 1 1/2 cups butter or 1 1/2 cups margarine
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter or 1 1/2 cups crunchy peanut butter, your choice
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 3/4 cups flour
- 12 ounces peanut butter chips
- 1 cup nuts (optional)
- Cream peanut butter and margarine, add sugars and mix well.
- Add eggs and mix until the mixture is creamy and then add the remaining ingredients.
- Chill for one hour.
- Drop by teaspoonful onto cookie sheets and do not flatten them.
- Bake the cookies at 325°F for 15 minutes.
- Cool on cookie sheets for about 5 minutes then transfer onto paper- the paper soaks up extra grease so the cookies don't become crumbly.
- Store them in an air-tight container and keep it in a dry and cool area.