Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Medium Rare - Beef

When I was younger, I think that beef is too tough for me. We used to order our beef cooked thoroughly and it was too tough. Sometimes too tough that my tooth hurts when I am chewing them. I eventually avoided ordering beef whenever I go to any western food restaurants. After meeting one of the owner of a restaurant which serves premium beef such as Kobe beef and Wagyu beef, I learned from her that the best method to enjoy beef is to have them medium rare. So what is medium rare I asked her. A medium rare steak should be warm through the middle with a hint of red. Most of the center of the steak should be pink in colour.

In order to cook beef with the level of doneness of medium rare, you should first choose a thicker piece of meat weighting about 230gms to 350gms depending on how much you can eat. The reason for this is that beef cooks really fast and in order to ensure that the middle is pink, the piece of beef should be sufficiently thick.

Ingredients:

  • Beef
  • sea salt
  • pepper
  • oil

Steps:

  1. First marinate the piece of beef with sea salt and pepper.
  2. Heat up oil on a pan.
  3. Cook the beef, about 3 minutes, each side and serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...