You do not need to be a chef to make good mashed potatoes. However, there are many things that could ruin your mashed potatoes. The amount of milk you put into it and the amount of butter you mixed it with are the two important things you must observe when you are making yourself some mashed potatoes. In order to get the correct recipe - which best suit your taste, you will need to do it many many times to get it right. Something getting the recipe from the internet may not suit your taste. So, I would strongly suggest you to put in some effort and practise. After all, practise makes perfect, right? Anyway, here is a way you could refer to. I hope you like this recipe.
- 3 lbs potatoes (about 4 large)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- salt - depending on your taste
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- Place potatoes in a saucepan; add water to cover and add salt.
- Bring to a boil then reduce the heat and boil the potatoes until it soft.
- Then drain away the water.
- When the potatoes are cooled down, peel the potatoes and mash it with a potato masher.
- Add 2 tablespoons butter, cream cheese, sour cream, milk and salt.
- Mix until all ingredients are blended.