Spaghetti is probably the easiest dish to cook. There are several different ways of cooking spaghetti. Below is a list of ingredients for those who intend to buy their own ingredients instead of opening the sauce from a can or a bottle.
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 2 teaspoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large finely chopped onion
- 1 large finely chopped carrot
- 1 stalk finely chopped celery
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 pound lean (90% or leaner) ground beef
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta until just tender for about 8 to 10 minutes. Then drain the water.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, carrot and celery and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is beginning to brown, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and Italian seasoning and cook until fragrant for about 30 seconds.
- Add beef and cook, stirring and breaking up with a spoon for about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Increase the heat and stir in tomatoes and cook until thickened, for roughly about 4 to 6 minutes.
- Stir in the parsley and salt to taste. Then serve the sauce over the pasta. Lastly, sprinkled with cheese.