|Malaysian Curry Chicken|
I will be having a pot-luck gathering session with my friends this weekend. So I offered to make them a pot of delicious, hot and yummy curry chicken. You can never go wrong with curry chicken because who doesn't love curry chicken? It is easy to find ready packed spices in the market but it is not easy to find a good and suitable one. Lucky me, I have a very good spice shop here in my local market. To get the correct and right flavour of a curry dish, the correct spice and the spice proportion must be accurate.
1 pack curry paste bought from the market (8 oz or 250 grams)
4 chicken leg quarters (4 drumsticks and 4 thighs or 2 lbs chicken)
8 oz peeled potatoes
3 shallots (peeled and sliced thinly)
2 lemongrass (use the white parts only, pounded)
1 tablespoon oil
2 cups water/500 ml
1/2 cup coconut milk (100 ml)
The Cooking Method:
- Cut the chicken into pieces. Leave the chicken bone-in for better taste.
- Heat up a deep pot and add the oil. Saute the sliced shallots until aromatic or light brown in color. Add the curry paste into the pot and stir until aromatic.
- Add the chicken meat, lemongrass and very little amount of coconut milk. Stir for 1 minute before adding the water.
- Cover the pot and let it boil in big fire. When it is boiling, lower the heat, add the potatoes and simmer for 20 minutes or so or until the chicken become tender.
- When the chicken is cooked, add the coconut milk and bring it to boil . Serve it hot.