|Sauteed Tilapia with Lime|
- 1 -1 1/3 lb tilapia fillet , about 1/2 inch thick
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- salt and pepper
- 1 clove garlic , minced or pressed
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 green onions , chopped
Method of Cooking:
- Rinse the fish and pat dry.
- Put the flour on a plate and season it with salt and pepper.
- Dredge the fillets in the flour, patting to remove excess.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic, wine, lime juice and butter, then set aside.
- Heat the oil in a 10 to 12-inch frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the fillets without overlapping and cook until golden on the bottom, about 3 minutes.
- Turn the fillets over and cook until opaque through the thickest part, 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Transfer the fish to a platter and keep warm (cover with foil or place in a 200 degree oven).
- Add the wine mixture to pan and boil, scraping up cooked bits, until reduced by half, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in the onions and heat on low about 30 seconds and pour the sauce over the fish and serve.