The best way to enjoy a plate of a fresh fish is by steaming it. By steaming, the moisture on the fish is preserved and the flavour of the fish is preserve. The taste of a fried fish on the other hand is tempered by the oil taste and this prevents one from tasting the freshness of the fish. In order to enhance the flavour of the steamed fish, fresh basil leaves and sometimes lemon slices are necessary. Here is a recipe I find interesting. I hope you like it like I do. Enjoy.
- 12 ounces fish fillets
- 1 small fresh basil leaf
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons shredded fresh ginger
- 1 cup thinly sliced sweet pepper
- 8 ounces asparagus spears, trimmed
- Make bias cuts about 3/4-inch apart into the fish fillets (Do not cut completely through fish).
- Tuck 1 or 2 whole basil leaves into each cut.
- Rub fillets with garlic and ginger.
- Place peppers and asparagus in a steamer basket.
- Top with fish.
- Place basket into a large, deep saucepan or wok in which 1-inch of water is boiling. Cover; steam 6 to 8 minutes or until fish just flakes easily when tested with a fork. Makes 2 servings.