Sweet potatoes, who doesn't love them. Sweet potatoes looks really ugly but they are easy to cook and they taste great. Chinese love to have them as desserts but if you are not into desserts, you may try baking them with an oven. Here is how I bake my sweet potatoes. Enjoy.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, minced
- Cut the potatoes into thin wedges. Then pile them in a bowl and cover them with cold water.
- Let it rest for 15 minutes. At the same time, preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Coat a baking sheet with vegetable spray and set aside.
- Drain the potatoes and dry them with paper towels.Press the potatoes with paper towels to remove all water.
- Transfer the potatoes to a large bowl. Sprinkle the potatoes with oil, tossing the potatoes to disburse it.
- Then sprinkle with pepper, salt, paprika and cayenne pepper. Bake the potatoes at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Turn over the potatoes. Sprinkle potatoes with garlic and continue cooking for another 15-20 minutes or until crisp and brown. Serve immediately.