Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Fried Rice Recipe

Recently I had one conversation with a friend of mine and we had this conversation about fried rice. My friend told me that if a restaurant doesn't know how to fry a simple fried rice, we should not go back to that restaurant. Fried rice is considered to be the basic in a Chinese restaurant. So far, I did not come across any Chinese restaurant which doesn't cook a decent fried rice. After many trials and errors, and of course some research on the many recipes on the internet, below is my final conclusion on how to cook yourself a decent fried rice. I hope you enjoy this recipe. Good or bad, please let me know so that I can improve myself further. Thank you in advance.

Ingredients:

  • 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
  • 1/4 cup chopped onion
  • 1/4 cup chopped green pepper (optional)
  • 2 cups rice, prepared and cooled
  • 1/2 cup cooked pork (optional) or 1/2 cup cooked shrimp (optional) or 1/2 cup cooked chicken (optional)
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 1/2 cup cooked peas (optional)

Cooking Method:

  1. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in skillet or wok. If you prefer oil, it is okay to use oil too.
  2. Scramble eggs in butter then break up the cooked eggs into small pieces and set aside.
  3. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in skillet or wok.
  4. Saute onions and/or green peppers in butter for 3 minutes.
  5. Combine eggs, onions, rice, and meat.
  6. Stir in soy sauce until color of rice is uniform.
  7. Stir in peas and serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...