Mango Sticky Rice is a very popular dessert among the Thais. The main ingredient for this dessert is the mango. Whether the dessert will taste sour or sweet depends on the mango used for this dessert. To make a good mango sticky rice, I would strongly recommend you to choose the sweet ones instead of the sour ones.
- 1/2 cup rice
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 mango, sliced
- Boil the rice with coconut milk, water and the first half of the sugar.
- Sauce: In a medium saucepan, boil the rest of the coconut milk with the second half of the sugar.
- Keep this at a full boil until the rice is cooked, or until it reaches a thick, syrupy consistency.
- Then arrange the cooked coconut rice in a bowl and place it on a plate and thereafter dribble a bit of the sauce over the whole thing.