Recently, our premier has announced that the price of spinach has reduced in order to help the citizens coup with the rise in price, amongst others, petrol and electricity. So I have decided to share with you this spinach soup recipe. First, you would need fresh spinach, nicely trimmed and coarsely chopped. You will also need 4 cups chicken broth or chicken soup. Shred some carrots, chop some onions and mince some garlic for seasoning. Prepare some butter, a 1/3 cup should be sufficient. 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, 3/4 cup heavy cream, 1/4 cup milk and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Follow the following steps to make yourself a nice bowl of spinach soup.
- In an oven, bring spinach, broth and carrots to a boil.
- Then reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Remember to stir occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and let it cool to luke-warm.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute onion and garlic in butter until onion is soft,about 5-10 minutes.
- Add flour; cook and stir over low heat for 3-5 minutes. Then add to spinach mixture.
- Thereafter, puree in small batches in a blender or food processor until finely chopped.
- Place in a large saucepan and add cream, milk, and pepper, heat through but do not boil. Serve warm.