The weather is very warm these days and it is the perfect time to make this cooling dessert just to cool things down a little bit. I am a fan of barleys and if I do not know what drink to order in a restaurant, my default drink is barley. Here is one recipe on how you could spice up the barley drink a little bit. Enjoy.
- 1 cup pearl barley
- 4 to 5 cups of water
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 29 ounces sliced peaches or prunes
- First of all, bring the pearl barley, water, and raisins to a boil.
- Then lower the heat and simmer for 1.5 hours or until barley and raisins are tender.
- Add sugar, peaches with juice, and prunes (optional).
- Continue to boil for another 10 minutes.
- Lastly, let it cool. The dessert will thicken when cold. Serve chilled.