Nasi lemak doesn't need any introduction. The picture itself speaks for itself. If you would like to try to make you very own nasi lemak, which every Malaysians should try to do it at least once in their lifetime, do try this recipe. If you are a fan of nasi lemak just like me, you should at least know the steps to cook it lar. I hope you enjoy this recipe. Have fun cooking.
- 1/4 cup dried anchovy, extra, pounded
- 5 -6 tablespoons chili paste
- 2 onions, pounded
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon shrimp paste (belacan)
- 2 tablespoons tamarind juice
- 1 big onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2/3-1 cup water
- 2 -4 tablespoons sugar
- Heat oil and saute' onions and garlic for 1 minute
- Add chilli paste and belacan and fry till fragrant, about 3 minute.
- Mix tamarind juice and water into chilli mixture and cook for another 5 min or till sauce thick.
- Add sliced onion, anchovies, salt and sugar and cook for another 2 minute.