Tilapia can be cooked in many ways but most of the time, I like them either steamed with gingers or steamed with tom yam sauce. This time, I am trying something different, baked tilapia with lots of spices. Tilapia is a fresh water fish and if not breed in a clean environment, it could smell muddy. In order to try to cover up the smell, this would be a good way to do so. Have fun cooking. Enjoy.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 3/4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 4 (4 ounce) tilapia fillets
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- In a small bowl combine the spices from the salt through the Italian seasoning and set it aside.
- In a shallow container mix the bread crumbs, dried parsley, and green onions.
- Measure 4 tsp of the spice mix and sprinkle that all over the 4 fish fillets.
- Add the remaining spice mix to the bread crumbs, mixing well. Add the olive oil to the bread crumb mix, blending it in with your hands.
- Dredge the fish in the breadcrumbs, coating well.
- Shake off any excess breadcrumbs.
- Place the fish on a baking pan that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Bake for 6 minutes.
- Turn over and bake for 4 minutes.
- Turn over again and bake until flaky, about 4 more minutes.
- Serve immediately.