I was at work one day when all of a sudden, I crave for fried chicken. Fried chicken is very easy to do and is a favourite for most children. If you are looking for Kentucky's recipe of its fried chicken, I do not have them. But what I can share with you is the following recipe. Enjoy.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat peanut oil in a large deep pot to 350°F.
- For seasoning mixture: In a small bowl, combine 1 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper and 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder.
- For dredging mixture: In a another bowl, mix flour, baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Rinse and pat dry chicken pieces with a paper towel.
- Cut breast pieces in half across ribs and sprinkle chicken generously on both sides with seasoning blend.
- Drop a few chicken pieces of chicken into bag of sauce mixture and squish around to coat thoroughly.
- One piece at a time, roll chicken in flour mixture and drop into hot oil. Fry chicken until brown and crisp.
- Drain on paper toweling. If the juices run clear, it is done.