Pre-packed uncooked French fries are widely available in supermarkets. But if you like your potatoes fresh, why not try to make your own. I know many of you out there do not like peeling potatoes and cutting them as most of the time it will not look appetising. I have share the method on how to peel potatoes correctly here and you may refer to it if you would like to know more on how to peel potatoes correctly. Cooking yourself up a fresh batch of French fries is easy. All you need is patient. Follow the following steps, and I am sure you will love it.
- Olive Oil
- Wash potatoes and cut them into semi-thin strips.
- Place strips in a bowl and add cool water to cover the potatoes.
- Wash out some of the"starch" and then drain the potatoes well.
- Mix in the olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Mix all of the potatoes well so that they all get coated evenly.
- Place the potatoes on an aluminium foil and place it into the oven to bake them.