It's the holiday season again. For those of you who are celebrating with family and friends, what are you going to cook for this coming Christmas? A Christmas meal wouldn't be complete without a whole flavourful and tasty turkey. Here's how you roast the perfect turkey. Please leave a comment if you like our recipe.
- 12 to 13 pound of fresh turkey
- Bay leaf
- Your meal wouldn't be complete without gravy. So in order to produce enough gravy for at least 10 people, roast the necks, wings and legs of the bird in a 450-degree oven. Flip them every 15 minutes for an hour until the parts are nicely browned.
- Remove the roasted parts to a saucepan and add two cups of water. Bring it up to a boil and add more water until the sauce is ready.
- Add carrots, onions, celery, salt, pepper corns and bay leaf into the saucepan
- Continue to simmer until the broth is ready for about two to three hours. Strain the broth to get the liquid only and discard the rest.
- Next, we move on to the bird. Spinkle sale and black pepper all over the turkey. Make sure you season the inner parts of the turkey too. Arrange the turkey over a baking sheet and refrigerate it for one to two days. Do not cover the turkey as the dried skin will turn the skin crispy during roasting.
- Pre-heat the oven to 450 degrees. Pour one and the half cups of the turkey broth on the turkey and place the turkey inside the oven. Lower the oven immediately to 350 degrees and rotate the turkey every half an hour. Continue doing this until the turkey is fully cooked (roughly about two and the half to three hours).
- Once it's done, remove the turkey and let it rest for at least one hour.
- Serve when you guest arrives.