|Malaysian Nasi Lemak|
- Malaysians loves their Nasi Lemak with Sambal very much. They love it so much that we could have it as our morning breakfast, a full meal lunch or even a complete meal dinner. Their Nasi Lemak is so popular meal that if you are a tourist travelling to Malaysia, you are deemed not to have visited Malaysia if you have never tried nasi lemak at all. What makes nasi lemak popular is the rice and the sambal. Today, I am going to share the recipe on how to cook your very own nasi lemak. Good luck!
- 1 1/2 cups long grain rice
- 2 -2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (low fat)
- 5 pandan leaves (tied into a knot for easy removal)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 dash salt
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut (dried flaked coconut)
- 1 dash turmeric
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 dash ground ginger
- 1 dash chili flakes
The Cooking Method:
- Combine stock, coconut milk, pandan leaves, garlic powder and salt in a saucepan.
- Simmer over low heat.
- In the meantime dry fry dessicated coconut with the spices until lightly browned.
- Cook the rice with the stock in a rice cooker.
- Add the dessicated coconut and mix well before serving.
- May serve with Malaysian Chicken Curry, Mutton Curry, Beef Curry, Sambal Squids or Sambal Prawns. I usually go for Spiced Fried Chicken (We normally call it Ayam Goreng Berempah).