If you are cooking prawns, make sure that you clean it thoroughly. Remember to devein it because you wouldn't want to get all those dirty vein into your system. Choose the prawns which hasn't turn white and doesn't appear mushy. Prawns which are fresh comes off very easily from it's shell. I am going to share here how to cook prawns with butter and lemon juice. It is advisable here for you to use sea water prawns as river prawns doesn't really goes very well with this style.
- 500 g green prawns
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup cream
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Peel and devein prawns leaving tails on.
- In a small bowl combine lemon juice, crushed garlic, salt and pepper.
- In a heavy based skillet, melt butter and olive oil on a medium heat.
- Once butter has melted add prawns and garlic mixture and increase heat to ensure prawns are cooked quickly.
- Toss prawns and mixture for 1-2 minutes or until prawns turn pink.
- Add coriander and toss for a further 30 seconds.
- Reduce heat. Add cream and stir through.
- Serve with jasmine rice.