I have no idea how to cook curry without using those packed sauces readily available in supermarkets. After going through the internet and several cook books for curry, I found that this recipe best suit my taste. If you do not want it with noodles / mee, feel free to use any other ingredients. Rice is another good alternative to be taken together with this curry recipe.
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons red curry paste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 box of light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat up oil and ginger and garlic and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add onions and cook for another 1 minute.
- Stir in curry powder, curry paste, and cumin; cook 1 minute.
- Add soy sauce, sugar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and coconut milk; bring to a simmer (but do not boil).
- Remove from heat and stir in cilantro.
- Cook noodles separately using boiling water and serve with the curry sauce and ingredients.