- 300 g squid, cut into pieces
- oil for frying
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 75 g cornflour
- 1 red chile, very thinly sliced,seeds and all
- 2 green onions, cut into 1 cm pieces
- Clean the squids and cut them into pieces.
- Heat up the oil.
- Place the sea salt and the peppercorns in a pestle and mortar and crush coarsely together.
- Stir in the cornflour, then toss with the squid to coat.
- Cook the chillies and salad onions in the hot oil for 30 seconds then scoop them out with a mesh spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
- Cook the squid for 2 minutes until it rolls up and turns crisp and lightly golden.
- Transfer the squid to a plate, scatter over the crispy chilli and salad onions and serve with soy sauce for drizzling and lemon wedges for squeezing over.