I have just returned from my vacation at Langkawi Island. Since our hotel doesn't provide breakfast, we went around Cenang Beach, looking for places for breakfast. What we notice is that egg benedict is on every menu we came across. Interested in the way in cooking it, I went on the internet to search for the ways to prepare egg benedict. After trying several times, here is how I cook my egg benedict. Enjoy.
- 12 eggs
- 12 slices ham (thin)
- 6 slices swiss cheese, halved
- 8 ounces heavy cream
- parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees f.
- Spray muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place 1 ham slice in each tin like a nest.
- Place 1/2 slice swiss cheese on each ham slice that is partially cooked.
- Crack one egg over each.
- Pour about a tablespoons of heavy cream over each.
- Sprinkle each with a little parmesan cheese to taste.
- Place back in oven and bake about 10-15 minutes. (Check jiggliness to your liking...don't overdue or will be more hard boiled.)
- Remove and rest 5 minutes.
- Serve on toasted English muffins.