Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Barley Lime Drink Recipe

My favourite Balinese drink is a cold iced barley lime drink. I never fail to order this drink whenever I step into a Balinese restaurant. I first came to know about this drink when I had my dinner at Bumbu Bali, a Balinese restaurant in Bandar Puteri Puchong when I was still in the university. It is a very refreshing and cooling drink, a perfect combination with the spiciness of the Balinese food. Just like the name, it is a simple to do drink. I hope you enjoy this recipe.

Photo courtesy of Apple Foodees

Ingredients:

  • 3 tablespoons pearl barley 4 tablespoons lime juice 3 tablespoons honey or sugar

Steps:

  1. Place 4 1/2 cups water in a heavy pot with the barley and bring to a boil.
  2. Reduce the mixture by 50% over high heat and then strain the liquid into a clean glass container.
  3. Mix in the lime juice and honey/sugar and stir well.
  4. Serve chilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...