|Japanese Teriyaki Unagi (Eel)|
- 14 ounces commercial teriyaki sauce (bottled sauce)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
The Cooking Method:
- In a pan, combine all ingredients over medium low heat.
- Reduce by about three-quarters, beginning to taste it about halfway through the reduction. It should be full-flavored and sweet and tangy.
- Strain mixture and use.
- Brush the mixture on the unagi, broiling the unagi in oven or grilling it.
- You can also let the mixture cool, and store the glaze in a clean bottle in the fridge.